Dec 30, 2010

DOTY 2010






Round one: The forgotten attic?






Round two: Rustic roots, your living quarters.







Round tree: Strawberries and cream.







Round four: The rainy day bookshop.








The Final!!











Interestingly enough, I made it all the way to the FINAL ROUND! I won third place, which I felt was awesome. Competition was fierce, the other designers were all so very talented. Here's what the jury had to say about my entries:

Animefemme:
Maggie, I didn't know you well as a designer before this contest, but there's no doubt in my mind everyone knows you now! You've consistantly shown your knack for style throughout each round with your gorgeous pics and beautiful layouts. Your final is a beautiful little place, and I just want to curl up on that guitar-bench and blow everyone away with my utter lack of musical skill, lol! Fabulous job!

Jonesi:
You have a great ability to accessorize a room almost perfectly. Just the right amount of this and that and voila..a gorgeous entry each and every round! You also have a great eye for colour and camera angle. You presented each image as a composition and really balanced the pictures with equal amounts of interest in each bit. I really liked your presentation and the clarity of your images. You started very strong with your attic, a beautiful space with fab images and you finished just as strong with your bookstore which just blew me away...exactly how I pictured the bookstore to be and again, such fabulous pictures. Your strengths lie both in your eye for detail and composition.

Gemma:
What a great pleasure to view Maltha's entry for the DOTY finale! I was so impressed by her entry, it had everything and more. I adore every aspect of it, the first picture was so welcoming and a good choice to kick off the round. It was welcoming, natural and beautful. I loved the animals, they really added to the beauty of the entry and the perfectly landscaped garden looked well planned, with excellent attention to detail and unique little touches. With Maltha's entries she manages not to indulge too much in deep colours, and they have enough colour to feel natural.

Tinhouse:
Maltha - Another final entry that gobsmacked me! Absolutely beautiful! Throughout the contest she used the space she was given very cleverly and decorated realistically rather than simply cluttering.

Tinkle:
Maltha - I really enjoyed seeing the attention to detail and stunning angles of your pictures. Your final entry I enjoyed the most, however the bookstore round was wonderful as well.

Now...isn't that enough to make one blush?

The DOTY contest airs every year around april, so be sure to check out BLACKPEARLSIMS around that time if you are interested!